December 5, 2013 by Janna Roznos
It is official. The big five zero! My birthday was yesterday.
A few random thoughts on meeting the half-century mark:
- Good health is the best.
- So is a good attitude.
- I love my pets but not more than my family.
- Sewing is the how I express my creativity, problem solving and of course, clothe myself.
- I have enough fabric to sew for maybe another 50 years – no kidding!
- It’s okay to own more than one sewing machine, more than one serger, a blind hemmer and so many scissors – I’ve lost count.
- I look much older than 50 so yes if you offer me the senior discount I am going to take it.
- I can still snow ski. I can sort of water ski and I can still swim like a fish, but I would much rather just float in the pool with a one of those umbrella drinks.
- I appreciate good wine – quality over quantity.
10. I don’t think I am good cook, but ya know what? I’m not hungry, so I must be better at cooking than I realize.
11. If I have any regrets I have forgiven myself and moved on. I can’t live in the past.
12. When all else fails, take the dog for a walk. There really is nothing better than walking the dog around the block to let off some steam, revaluate the problem or just get some exercise.
13. If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I would pass. I don’t think I would enjoy life so much the second time around.
14. I don’t know my right hand from my left other than I wear my watch on my left wrist.
15. I like reading romance novels especially Betty Neels novels.
16. Besides sewing, I like to draw. I draw a lot.
17. I find technology baffling, but how did I ever survive before the Internet.
18. I hate to have my picture taken.
19. I am a loner and an introvert – at least, that’s is how I scored on the Myers-Briggs Personality test.
20. I have enjoyed the past, but am looking forward to the future.