March 13, 2012 by Janna Roznos
I’m a tad bit overwhelmed!
Thank you to Sew Barbie for nominating me. And, I apologize for taking so long to respond. I’ve been out of town and I am just now getting my act together . . .
I do know Sew Barbie outside of the blog world and she is an amazing sewist! And, has the most adorable little poodle I have ever seen, too! So, thank you. Thank you.
According to the rules of this award I am to add the badge to my blog (and I will, I promise, once I figure out how to do that). I am also supposed to award this to 15 other blogs, which may be a bit difficult since I think that some of the blogs that I read have already, received this award but I will list some of the blogs that I like and why:
Did You Make That? Blog www.didyoumakethat.wordpress.com
A great blog to read. She is a talent fiber artist who lives in London so all of us anglophiles get a chance to live vicariously through her blog.
Catherine Daze’s Blog www.cyberdaze.wordpress.com
She sews all those great garments from Burda Style and explains all the nuances of the construction processes and also lives in London.
MezzoCouture Blog www.mezzocouture.wordpress.com
She sews beautiful garments especially from Burda Style. I always love to see what she has created because she has a great eye for color and style.
Of course, this is just a sampling of a few of the blogs that I read. There are SO many great blogs that I can’t always get to all of them on a regular basis. And, I have not learned all the inner workings about my own blog yet.
And, finally, I need to list seven random things about me:
- My hair started to turn gray when I was in high school and I completely stopped dying my hair when I turned thirty so subsequently I look much older than I am.
- For our first date, my DH made me dinner (homemade pasta) and took me to the Alex Theater in Glendale (near LA) to see Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland and Basil Rathbone in The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938). I knew right then I had to marry him: he loves to cook and watch old movies!
- I was a competitive swimmer all through grade school, high school and college.
- I have had braces on my teeth twice in my life: first time was in high school and the second time was just a few years ago.
- My brothers and I own our family citrus ranch (lemons/mandarins/avocados) however; I never ate avocados until I was an adult.
- My DH and I are child free (or child less depending on one’s perspective) not by choice but by biology.
- My other hobby that takes up my time and that I can be consumed by is drawing.
So thank you Sew Barbie for this award. As to my sewing, I do have a couple of garments done. One garment, a dress I just need to remove the tailor tacks and then I can get some pictures of it. Also, I have more pictures to share from our current exhibit at the museum where I volunteer. But, most important is that I have been VERY good about not buying fabric. REALLY GOOD about not buying fabric. In fact, SUPER GOOD about not buying anymore fabric. I have been diligently sewing up my stash. So I might just treat myself with a trip downtown to the LA fabric district. All I need is a little arm twisting and I’m there!