January 3, 2012 by Janna Roznos
Okay. I’m joking. I do know that it is now 2012; however, the New Year always seems to sneak up on me. I foolishly assume that the week between Christmas and New Year’s I can pretty much do whatever, but that of course hasn’t been the case. Not this year – not ever! Tomorrow, is for us, at least, the start of the New Year – everybody will be back to work and school will be back in session – well, at last for some.
This year I have decided to make just a few resolutions – let’s see if I can keep them. Ha! Let’s see if I can remember them by February!
- Walk more. Essentially exercise more and walking seems to be the exercise that I like to do the most. So much so that DH bought this handy reflective vest for me to wear since my choice of hour to walk is 6 am.
- To sew down my fabric stash. No way am I providing a picture of my fabric stash closet – it is a mess. Sure, I may need to buy a few pieces of yardage, but I really need to sew up what I have.
- To do art everyday. Okay, maybe I won’t be able to do art everyday, but I am going to try and do art every week at the minimum. I have done a few pictures in my new sketch book.
Last week, I met up with a friend and we went Uptown and sketched. It was fun. I had forgotten how great it is to be outside sketching with someone else (who likes drawing as much as I do).
This is the Uptown Post Office. I’ve sketched this one before. Unfortunately, this post office is scheduled to be closed. It would be a huge lost to the Uptown community.
This is another old building. At one time it was California Bank. Now, Starbucks sits in the corner and another restaurant resides on the first floor and a banquet facility is upstairs. I really didn’t capture all the architectural elements of the building. It was getting late and my feet were cold.
And finally, my last resolution is:
- Work on our house. Ugh! This one is going to be difficult. There are so many things to do on our house: paint/wallpaper the kitchen/wallpaper the hallway/paint the bathroom/new windows . . . the list goes on and on.
- And, I guess I should add: To blog more! I have several garments that I have made (and have been wearing, too) that I haven’t even blogged about yet.
So, that is how I am going to affect some positive change in my life. I hope.
Happy New Year!