April 25, 2011 by Janna Roznos
I made this blouse from this edition of Burda (4-2010-115):
And it is this blouse:
The only thing I am missing is the nifty sunglasses and the horse!
Anyway, this blouse was easy in construction and pretty much fits straight from the pattern, but I did make a few design changes.
First, I didn’t like the large collar.
It was just too large for me so I ripped it out and I cut a new one just a tiny bit smaller, also the blouse was designed for ¾ sleeves which I didn’t want. I lengthen the sleeves and added sleeve plackets since they make the blouse a little more tailored.
What I really like about this particular Burda blouse is this box pleat at the shoulder.
I made the blouse a little bit longer in length so I can wear it belted over skirts.
The fabric is the last piece of yardage I have from my purchases at the ASG Conference in New Mexico ’09. The buttons came from my stash.
Of course, my button stash is a TOTAL wreck! Why did I let it get SO bad! ARGH!
And finally the piece de resistance is my label that I sew into all the garments that I make.
I have several other garments in different states of ‘completion’, which I will post in the next few days – I hope! Stay tuned.