February 4, 2011 by Janna Roznos
Although I don’t have a completed sewn garment to show off – no ‘Ta-Da!’ moment – I have made some significant progress on two projects I am currently working on:
I made the muslin last night and after just a little bit of fiddling with the side seams I got a nice fit. (Geez! I really ought to iron the muslin before I take a picture of it!)
I have this fabric from Mood –LA which I am planning on making it up in.
I think this fabric is a cotton rayon blend, but I forgot to note the content when I purchased it awhile ago. And, I could do a burn test on it, but I am terrible at that so why bother.
I don’t know what buttons I am going to use yet, but I am sure I have some thing in my stash.
My other project is this blazer from Silhouette Patterns. I am almost finished with it the final garment – sorry no picture yet.
I went to Peggy Sager’s Fit Workshop in January – it was fantastic! I learned so much about fit: how garment should fit, how to alter the muslin to get a good fit, how to alter the pattern for a better fit. It is one sewing seminar that I would consider repeating again and again.
In my defense, this muslin was rolled up in my bag and I snapped this picture after I had unpacked – that is why it is a wrinkled mess! And, yes, I should have ironed it first. Oh well. I have been looking through my buttons trying to figure which ones to use for this blazer.
Still contemplating . . . but I am leaning towards the small metal ones rather then the bigger brown ones.
I think I see the end completion of both these garment soon because there are several others I want to start on!